Saturday 28 March 2009

Evaluation - Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

I addressed and attracted the audience through mise-en-scene, casting, sound, camera and editing.

Mise-en-scene attracts the audience through props, scenery, lighting, and setting the stage. I feel that my title sequence does this as the mise-en-scene was essential to the making off my work. Props were really important to the making of my title sequence as my mini scene was made just for the work and was part of the story line for our sequence. light was extremely significant to the opening title sequence as this made the eerie look i wanted.

The scenery for my work was crucial as i wanted it to look abandoned, if i used a clean shower room then it would not have worked, I feel this would help attract the audience. When the stage was set i was exceptionally precise as the way the cast was placed was vital for the whole scene to work.

Casting is a way to attract/address the audience, if the viewer relates to the characters they get more involved in the film.

The music in my sequence is soft but tense which would attract the audience. which was a big factor for me because sound in a thriller is what can help make the film. With the music choice i believe I conformed with the expectations of a thriller as the music was eerie and gives a tense feel to my opening title sequence.

I feel the way a film is edited is crucial, at first my group discussed having our scenes flash from one to another but then decided to edit it scene by scene which I think works better for the audience.

No comments: