Saturday 28 March 2009

Evaluation - Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

This is my first year in media studies, I have learnt a lot during the process of making my title sequence. I also study photography which i feel helped as i had the basic understanding of cameras and tripods.

I learnt that practise is essential as you need to get to know your props such as the tripod and the video recorder. I had some experience when it came to the tripod, when using the video recorder it was hard to grasp the vital skills needed to use the recorder. The practise shots were crucial as i gained the experience i needed to handle the video recorder So during this process i learnt how to use a tripod and how to operate a video recorder.

My group and i used light to get the right atmosphere which we found problematic, the light used was extremely bright and we needed a dim light to make the scene work. We tried to cover the light with fabric but felt if wasn't giving the effect we wanted. We then changed the position of the light we moved it against the wall this gave us the dim light necessary to create the right tone for the scene. I learnt that the props and lighting can work well together if you just explore different positions and ideas.

The technology i found difficult to use was imovie, I used this when editing my title sequence, I struggled with this as i had only used it briefly before when editing my continuity piece which was scene by scene, whereas with the opening title sequence i wanted to explore new ways of editing. Music was an element i found quite difficult as it was a new experience for me eg:- had to learn how to up load music/sound to my work.

As far as technology I feel i have learnt and become more confident in cutting/ editing scenes, how to add sound to work, adding text and how to add effects

No comments: